Braces for Adults in Atlanta, GA
No matter how old you are, wearing braces can offer a lifetime of comfort and satisfaction with your teeth. Board-certified orthodontists Dr. Ruchir Patel and Dr. Kal Thakkar from iClear Orthodontics are Atlanta’s go-to specialists for adult braces, treating men and women of all ages. With three convenient locations in Alpharetta, Roswell and Kennesaw, iClear Orthodontics offers Saturday hours to meet the scheduling needs of busy professionals and parents who want to improve the look and health of their smiles.
Why Do Adults Want Braces?
Many reasons exist why adults consider braces. Here are just a few of the most popular ones:
- Lack of treatment as a child or teenager – Some families did not have the means to pay for braces when patients were young. In other cases, primary dentists did not recommend seeking an orthodontist’s opinion.
- Regression – Many patients had braces as children or teenagers, but did not wear their retainers. Teeth do regress, and the results are not ideal.
- Aging – Previously straight teeth can shift with age, resulting in misalignment or overcrowding.
- Headaches or jaw pain – Some patients experience headaches or jaw pain that can be corrected by aligning the bite or jaw with braces.
- Cosmetic – Many cosmetic reasons exist, such as wanting a picture-perfect smile in wedding photos or to look the part in a high profile job. If your primary motivation for getting braces is solely cosmetic, that is okay. Many adults who have had braces report increased success with personal relationships after their braces were removed.
If you are an adult thinking about getting braces for either cosmetic or health reasons, you are not alone. Braces are not just for teenagers anymore. As a matter of fact, adults are the fastest growing segment of people wearing braces today.
What Kind Of Braces Are Available For Adults?
Metal braces are no longer the only option for orthodontic treatment. If it is important to you that your braces are not so noticeable, there are more options than ever before. iClear Orthodontics offers the following braces for adults:
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual (Behind The Tooth) Braces
- Traditional Metal Braces
- Colored Braces
Dr. Ruchir Patel and Dr. Kal Thakkar are happy to discuss the benefits of each type of adult braces and help you determine which one would work best for you.
Why Should I Correct Crooked Teeth As An Adult?
Thanks to better nutrition and access to healthcare, people are living longer. Whereas you may feel too old to get braces in your 30s, 40s or 50s, you have to remember that you will have your teeth for another 50 years or more.
Straight teeth have just as many health benefits as aesthetic benefits. Here are some considerations to take into account:
- Straighter teeth are easier to brush and floss, reducing plaque build-up and tooth decay.
- Straighter teeth bring healthier gums and prevent periodontal disease.
- Aligned bites and jaw bones prevent grinding, clenching and TMJ.
- Aligned bites and jaw bones improve speech problems
- Aligned bites eliminate improper chewing that leads to digestive problems.
Why You Should Consider Adult Braces
Many adult patients hide their teeth for years, even decades. They do not consider getting orthodontic treatment because they are worried about how they will look during treatment. If this is you, now is the time to reconsider. Here is why:
- Braces can lead the way to better oral health. Crooked teeth, crowded teeth, and untreated bites can result in tooth decay and gum disease.
- Braces can lead the way to better general health. When misaligned jaws and jaw joint disorders are corrected, headaches and ear pain can be eliminated. Stomach issues are sometimes related to problems with chewing that can also be resolved with braces.
- Braces make you proud to show off your smile. When you smile more, you become more attractive and inviting.
- Braces are more comfortable than they used to be. Braces currently available to adults are smaller, lighter and less noticeable than in the past.
- Braces are more affordable than in the past. Many financing options are available to help you pay for your treatment.
Is Orthodontic Treatment Different for Adults?
The process of getting braces on and adjusted is the same for adults as it is for teenagers. The main difference is the length of treatment time. Because adults’ mouths are done growing, results take a little longer to realize. The difference is not significant, however. Most adults wear braces for about a year and a half to three years. Just as when teenagers have their braces removed, adults also have to wear retainers to ensure that their teeth and bite remain unchanged.
How Do Adults With Braces Look During Treatment?
If you want adult braces, but are worried about what others will think or how you will look during treatment, you are not alone. According to a study conducted by the American Association of Orthodontists, 71 percent of adults who underwent treatment with braces had the same concern prior to treatment. An overwhelming majority said that once treatment actually began, their concerns disappeared.
How Much Do Braces for Adults Cost in Atlanta, GA?
The cost of adult braces treatment varies based on the severity of your malocclusion, the length of your treatment, whether any additional devices are required and other factors.
Dental insurance sometimes covers a portion or the full cost of braces for adults, so it is important to check your policy’s coverage. If you have Flexible Spending Account dollars available through your employer, your pre-tax dollars can be applied to the cost of adult braces.
To give all patients access to quality orthodontic treatment, iClear Orthodontics offers many payment plans to help make adult braces more affordable. iClear Orthodontics offers interest-free in-house financing, which divides the total cost of treatment into reasonable monthly payments for the duration of your treatment.
Options also exist to extend payments beyond your treatment period. In addition to traditional credit cards, iClear Orthodontics accepts CareCredit® cards that extend financing up to 60 months, with a reduced APR and fixed monthly payments. Customizable OrthoFi is available to design a flexible payment plan. With OrthoFi, you are able to select the down payment and ongoing monthly payment amounts.
It is never too late to restore your smile and improve your oral health. If you live in the Greater Atlanta area and are interested in getting more information about adult braces, contact Dr. Ruchir Patel or Dr. Kal Thakkar at iClear Orthodontics conveniently located in Alpharetta, Roswell, and Kennesaw for a complimentary consultation.