Invisalign® Teen in Atlanta, GA
If braces are not what your teenager has in mind for yearbook photos, prom pictures or selfies, Invisalign® Teen clear braces may be just what the doctor ordered. If you live in the Atlanta area, visit Dr. Ruchir Patel and Dr. Kal Thakkar at iClear Orthodontics, conveniently located in Alpharetta, Roswell, and Kennesaw to learn more about how Invisalign® Teen can straighten your teenager’s teeth without braces.
What is Invisalign® Teen?
Invisalign® Teen clear braces straighten your teenager’s teeth without any metal brackets or wires that are associated with braces. Instead, Invisalign® Teen uses a series of clear, removable aligners that are replaced every two weeks. The aligners look similar to tooth-whitening trays and usually go unnoticed by other kids. Many teenagers like the fact that Invisalign® Teen is removable. With Invisalign® clear aligners, teenagers can eat all of their favorite foods without the fear of breaking brackets or wires or walking around with food stuck in their braces. Removing the aligners also lets teens easily brush and floss their teeth like they normally do.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign® Teen?
If a teenager is already feeling self-conscious about having crooked teeth, adding braces to the mix usually does not help. Invisalign® Teen provides many emotional and physical benefits that can make your teen, and you, feel confident about choosing and undergoing orthodontic treatment.
Physical Benefits of Teen Invisalign®
- Improves dental health – Invisalign® Teen corrects crowded teeth and bite issues that lead to plaque build-up, cavities, and gum disease.
- Acts as a bite guard – If your teenager grinds or clenches his or her teeth, Invisalign® Teen will protect his or her teeth from damage.
- Allows good oral hygiene – Invisalign® Teen is removed for brushing and flossing so teenagers can maintain good dental hygiene routines while undergoing treatment.
- Straightens teeth comfortably – Invisalign® Teen aligners are smooth and comfortable without any brackets or wires to break or cause irritation.
- Lets your teen enjoy all of his or her favorite foods – Invisalign® Teen trays are removed when eating. Your teenager does not need to feel deprived while undergoing treatment.
- Eliminates potential injury – No brackets means that your teen can play sports or play wind instruments without worrying about getting cuts.
- Fits into busy schedules – Invisalign® Teen does not require check-ups as often as braces. With braces, brackets get loose and wires break requiring emergency visits to the orthodontist. Invisalign® eliminates these trips.
Emotional Benefits of Teen Invisalign®
- Eliminates fears – Many teenagers are afraid of being teased or looking awkward while undergoing orthodontic treatment. Because hardly anyone will even notice that your teen is wearing Invisalign®, your teen can rest a bit easier.
- Gives control – As kids morph into teenagers, they want more responsibility. Invisalign® Teen gives teenagers control over their treatment and their orthodontic results by making them responsible for wearing, cleaning and keeping track of their aligners.
- Boosts self-esteem – Teenagers who feel good about the way their teeth look tend to smile more and feel better about themselves.
Is Invisalign® Teen Right for Me?
Invisalign® Teen is a great choice for older teenagers who feel self-conscious about wearing braces. Ideal candidates for Invisalign® are teenagers who have already lost all of their baby teeth and have minor to moderate orthodontic requirements.
Is Invisalign® As Effective as Traditional Braces?
Although Invisalign® Teen does not look or feel like traditional braces, many people are surprised to learn that Invisalign® Teen works similarly to braces and is equally as effective when used as directed by Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar.
Like braces, Invisalign® Teen aligners exert pressure on misplaced teeth to move them into the desired position over time. Every required movement is carefully mapped out with precise 3D impressions. Similarly to when braces wearers have adjustments made, your teenager will feel pressure on his or her teeth when a new set of aligners is used. The pressure typically disappears within a few days.
How Long Does Invisalign® Teen Treatment Take?
Generally, teenagers wear Invisalign® aligners for the same amount of time they would have worn metal braces. Treatment times for Invisalign® Teen vary based on factors such as the number of aligner sets required and how faithfully the aligners are worn. When designing your teen’s treatment plan, Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar will give a time frame based on your individual case.
Does My Teen Have to Wear Invisalign® All the Time?
Invisalign® Teen is a commitment. The aligners must be worn all the time to achieve the desired result. Even though the aligners can be removed, the tray should be worn for at least 20 to 22 hours a day.
A blue indicator included on each aligner is a helpful feature. The indicator fades over time and allows iClear Orthodontics to track how long your teenager is wearing the aligners each day.
What Happens if an Aligner Gets Lost?
It is not surprising that teenagers lose or misplace Invisalign® aligners, it happens all the time. Fortunately, a contingency plan is already in place. Invisalign® Teen offers six replacement aligners, free of charge. Simply contact iClear Orthodontics and a replacement will be arranged. Lost aligners should be replaced as quickly as possible. Not using aligners, even for a few days, can cause relapse or delay results.
How Much Time Will Be Spent Visiting the Orthodontist?
After school activities and hectic work schedules can make scheduling orthodontic appointments difficult. Fortunately, Invisalign® Teen does not require as many appointments as braces. After the initial visit, appointments will be scheduled at iClear Orthodontics every four to six weeks. Many teens and parents appreciate the convenience of iClear Orthodontics’ Saturday hours from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
How Much Does Invisalign® Teen Cost in Atlanta, GA?
Invisalign® treatment for teenagers’ costs about the same as braces would cost. Like braces, treatment cost varies by patient depending upon factors such as the number of aligner sets required and length of treatment. During your consultation at iClear Orthodontics, Dr. Patel and Dr. Thakkar will determine the cost of your Invisalign® Teen aligners.
Dental insurance sometimes covers a portion or the full cost of Invisalign® for teenagers, so it is important to check your policy’s coverage. If you have Flexible Spending Account dollars available through your employer, your pre-tax dollars can be applied to the cost of Invisalign® Teen treatment.
To give all patients access to quality orthodontic treatment, iClear Orthodontics offers many payment plans to help make Invisalign® treatment more affordable for all families. iClear Orthodontics offers interest-free in-house financing which divides the total cost of treatment into reasonable monthly payments.
Options also exist to extend payments beyond your treatment period. In addition to traditional credit cards, iClear Orthodontics accepts CareCredit® cards that extend financing up to 60 months with a reduced APR and fixed monthly payments. Customizable OrthoFi is available to design a flexible payment plan. With OrthoFi, you are able to select the down payment and ongoing monthly payment amounts.
If straighter teeth will make your teenager feel more like they fit in, but he or she is worried about what braces will do to his or her appearance; contact Dr. Ruchir Patel and Dr. Kal Thakkar at iClear Orthodontics at one of their convenient offices located in Alpharetta, Roswell or Kennesaw to get more information about Invisalign® Teen.