Early Orthodontic Treatment, also known as Phase One Orthodontics, or Interceptive Treatment, corrects issues with your child’s developing teeth and jaws. The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that children see an orthodontist by the age of seven to assess the health of their jaws and teeth. In some cases, children as young as five may benefit from an orthodontic exam.
Addressing concerns about your child’s bite while their jaws are still growing is important. This early intervention will ensure the best results and avoid more complex and invasive treatment later in life whenever necessary.
Signs your child may benefit from early orthodontic treatment include:
- Early, late, or irregular loss of baby teeth
- Protruding or misplaced teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Difficulty speaking
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Prolonged thumb-sucking after the age of five
- Overbite or underbite due to misaligned jaws
- Jaws or teeth that are out of proportion with your child’s face
Contact us today and take the first step towards a confident, healthy smile. Let us create the perfect orthodontic treatment plan tailored just for you!